1. Can you give us a short presentation of Tha Low Life Gangstaz?
WE ARE THA LEADERS OF THA NEW SCHOOL!
2. What motivated you to get started in the rap game?
That’s really a question I can’t answer..but the best I can come up with is..The West Coast..Long Beach…People in general…There are MANY factors
3. How did you choose your nickname?
Well we’re Lowlifes..lol..I can’t really say..we’ve just didn’t sit around one day and come up with it..The name speaks for itself..if you’re from Long Beach, you’d know right away.
4. Define your music within a few words…
Original, Genuine, and SOUND LIKE NO OTHER!
5. According to you, what makes you appear as unique in the world of hip hop?
The people who we work with..We’re very diverse..we think outside the box. We don’t come up with the same repetive garbage everyone else does.
6. What is the biggest challenge you had to face since you started rapping?
There are no challenges..there are..BUT..this is hard for me to explain..But I can tell you this..it’s about being humble..not letting things go to your head and staying ..you know “real” about things. Something not alot of rappers are like at all.
7. Which artists have you collaborated with already?
Oh wow, well we’ve done stuff with just about EVERY rapper from the LBC and L.A. in general…Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, Tray Deee, Lil’ Half Dead, 2pac, Big C-Style, Lil’ C-Style..the list goes on..We’ve ONLY done music with the best.
8. What is your opinion about the current state of hip hop?
You want me to be honest? I’m not impressed, and i’ll leave it at that. There are many lost souls with no direction..you either get with it, or get rolled on with no concern.
9. Which hip hop artist (underground or mainstream) has earned your full respect and why?
earned? I wouldn’t say that. Again..this is something i’d sit here forever typing out
10. Who or what is your biggest source of inspiration?
Again..lol..read above..on who we’ve done work with..
11. Old School or New School…where goes your preference?
Well..I’m not impressed with the new shit of today..so I guess old school..
12.Besides hip hop, what kind of music do you listen to?
only gangsta rap..not Simp Hop
13. Do you have any upcoming projects for 2008? If so, could you give us more insight about them?
Leaders of Tha New School, coming in March.
14. Which artist(s) (underground or mainstream) you haven’t collaborated with yet- would you envision a collaboration with in a close future? Why?
That is to be announced at a later date
Let me re-word that question..it’s more like..they’d collaborate with us. No disrespects to anyone..but this is our time shine. we’re taking what’s ours. If you don’t, we will!
Tha Low Life Gangstaz’ my space account.
Copyright by Isabelle Esling
All Rights Reserved