Edga Tha Messiah truly impressed me with his innovative sound techniques and his creativity. You will be able to know more about the brilliant artist by reading this interview. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did:)
1. How did you get started in the rap game?
A: I started writing poety first and then learned how to match it to beats later. My man Piankhi and I used to perform in rhyme battles in high school.
2. How did you come up with the nickname Edga Tha Messiah Kayci?
A: Edgar Cayci is the best known sleeping prophet known to 21st century mankind. The Messiah simply means “The Anointed One.” I read alot of fiction and Mystical material which translates to my music. My man One 9 from Black Entertainment Television gave me the name when we were chilling at his house while talking about great prophets.
3. What is your recipe for such a subtle voice and sound technique emerging from your CD?
A: I wanted a sound that would stand out above all the other Rappers CD’s that are out now. The “AMI” LP is basically a throw back CD which was intended to remind many that Hip Hop is not dead only lying dormant for Tha Messiah to wake the world up.
4. What is the biggest challenge you had to face since you started rapping?
A: Remaining Original has been the biggest challenge to date.
5. Can you define Amerikkka’s Most Illest within a few words?
A: The Next Major Music Movement
6. Which artists have you collaborated with already?
1. Bruce Gardner R&B Vocalist
2. L.N.S. Last Nigga Standing
7. According to you, what makes you appear as unique in the rap game?
A. Simply no other Hip -Hop artist since Tupac or Biggie can create the persona that I can give the world. Major artists come through the universe once every ten to twenty years and they change the game completely. The time is now for the Messiah to reign and bring order out of chaos.
8. Which artist(s) (old school or new school-mainstream or underground) have owned your respect, and why? Tupac ,Biggie,Big Pun,Lil Wayne,Snoop and Big L
They all were original and remained true the game.
A: In general I respect all Hip -Hop artists for the love of the Hip -Hop game.
I particularlly like Snoop Dogg for staying true to the game and enduring all the changes of the music business
9. Who would you envision a collaboration with in a close future?
10. What is your personal opinion about the current state of hip hop?
Dirty South is on it’s way out and the next major music to dominate the music industry is Go-Go /Hip-Hop/Funk Fusions. Basically ,music will be a combination of actual instruments along with beat programming.
11. Besides hip hop, what kind of music do you listen to?
2. Funk 70’s
12. Who are your biggest musical influences?
1. R Kelly
3. Run DMC
5. Michael Jackson
8. Earth Wind and Fire
9. Joe Sample
Thanks for all the luv and support. Peace out to D-Town(Detroit ,Michigan where I was born and raised) I moved to Washington DC when I was 14 years old and have remained here in Washington DC ever since.
Discover Edga’s my space account.
Copyright2007 by Isabelle Esling
All Rights Reserved