Eminem might adopt Whitney Hartter soon

For those who don’t know: Whitney is Kim’s second child with Eric Hartter.

Kim got pregnant in 2001 and Whitney was born on May the 26th, 2002.

Things went quite complicated when Kim went back with Marshall, six months after the birth of her daughter. Despite the fact Eric Hartter, an ex convict on the run who was facing drug charges, had few chances to ever obtain his daughter’s custody or even some visitation rights, Eric’s mom, Mary was suing for Whitney’s custody.

When he went back with Kim, Eminem always had the will to raise Whitney as his own daughter.
Some people were curious about the line taken out of when I’m Gone:

« Hailie just smiles and winks at her little sister ».

They wondered about who the little sister mentioned in the song could possibly be, since Eminem referred to Alaina as his second daughter. Whitney is Hailie’s half sister and the little sister mentioned in Eminem’s song.

A few years ago, Marshall adopted his niece Alaina who is Dawn (Kim’s twin sister)’s daughter. She became his daughter legally and goes by the surname Mathers.

The Mathers family might be enriched with a new member soon, if the info revealed by the following website is true.

Eminem recently declared that he intended to remarry Kim. Apparently, he also wants to give Whitney his name and to raise her as his own child.

Marshall loves the little girl and wants her to be full part of his family:

“I’m in love with that girl, man. She’s so sweet and funny”. (Eminem)

Three daughters for Marshall? This might soon become a reality.

For those who doubted it, Eminem is very much family oriented. He is a wonderful family man, a dedicated dad and good big brother, which fully honors him.

About Isabelle

My name is Isabelle Esling. I graduated from the University of Metz, France, where I studied Liberal Arts/ Languages. I have been teaching modern foreign languages in public and private schools, mainly as a German and French teacher.I recently released a book entitled " Eminem and the Detroit Rap Scene- White Kid in a Black Music World" with Amber Books. Password manager, fill forms, paste it notes software - CastlePaste Pro I have always had a passion for writing and music, black music in particular. I discovered Eminem in 2001 and was very enthusiastic about the artist’s great talent, which motivated me to write about him. It also motivated me to explore the Detroit hip hop scene that is full of amazing artists. In 2003, Gavin Sheridan, a technical writer and professional blogger offered me to be a contributing writer for his blog, which got me started as a freelance music journalist. In 2005, with Gavin’s help, I started The Eminem Blog where I expressed about the artist, the Detroit hip hop scene and other hip hop related subjects. I have reviewed a wide range of CD’s and interviewed some consistent artists such as Dina Rae, DJ Butter, Big Proof of D12, just to name a few. The Eminem Blog gained me a worldwide audience of readers. I have also contributed to numerous hip hop websites such as Music Mouth UK, Detroit Rap Com, Michigan Bands and D Townie. In 2006, I did some interviews for Jason Matthews Detroit digital magazine ILL Mag. Through the years I developed my craft, increased my knowledge of hip hop culture and also expressed on various subjects such as spirituality, humanities, beauty and lifestyle, movies etc…I keep writing at The Eminem Blog and sharing my passion with my readers till now. My first book on "Eminem and the Detroit Rap Scene" has been published by Amber Books on August the 6th, 2012. It is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble, in paperpack and e-book.
This entry was posted in Eminem, Hailie Jade Mathers, Kim Mathers. Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Eminem might adopt Whitney Hartter soon

1. Hi i think he should adopt because he is a caring lovin father who would do any thin thats right for his family.x

2. MissMurder says:

Gawd, that’s so sweet, he has a big heart, his songs are just dark because of all he’s been through.

3. pityy love says:

Whhat about that little girls real father? I’m sure she has another fam. out therewho loves her, but may not have the financial means to battle to c her. One day she’ll have ?’s about her dad and biological family.

4. Isabelle says:

The biological dad is a drug dealer…but i know his mom battled on Court to see her granddaughter…

5. pittyluv says:

just b cuz he sold drugs at one time is still no reason just to cut him out of her life. both em and kim have done bad things in the past. I just feel bad 4 whit b cuz from what I have read is her grandparents have begged 2 c her and kim has told them 2 take her 2 court knowin damn well they do not have that kind of money

6. Brittney Fee says:

I think Eminem should adopt Whitney. With the struggles he has been through with Kim and the guilt he felt when he was singing and wasn’t with Hailie, he should adopt her, he makes a good father, he has a good heart. If you believe it or not,, I do. DON’T STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!

7. Hannah says:

Thts the best thing ive herd all day! I do believe tht they should arrange maybe a day at least to have the grandparents over to c whitney. But Em should get custody and the biological daddy should have a restraining order on him.

8. kiARRA says:

WHY DIDNT YOU LOVE EMINEM YOU COULD HAVE HAD A BABY WITH HIM I REALLY6 LOVE HIM WHY DONT YOU

9. lottemack says:

so in the song “I love you more”, is it whitney he’s talking about in the line “there’s a baby sister in the mix”?

10. tidysongs says:

old post, but found it on google today. I didn’t know eminem had such a big heart. that’s awesome

11. Monica says:

Marshall, I absolutely admire you as a father, I grew up fatherless since mine died when I was 3 1/2 years old. I think you would be a wonderful dad to Whitney and would definantly give her the love and warmth that she deserves. Yes, adopt her :)

12. samii baby says:

omg i think it would be the best thing in the world for that baby if you adopted her ,,, i also thing hailie would really like it too,,, :O

13. me :D says:

what i dont get is if he loves her then why dosent he have any songs for Whitney like hailie?

14. RinseMyMusic says:

Who knows what type of guy Eminem really is. Hollywood makes everythings so crazy. But maybe he should make a new song about his adopted daughter. Great point!

15. aime says:

shes cute even now am sooo… jelouse and eminem ik yhuu luv her alout take care hopee we can become friendssss!!!!!! eminem && peolple holly wood is crayy he luv her with all her heart probly theres to much express and too muchh tooo share on a song but he wiil somedayyy hope yhu loookk for me am a 13 but i give pepole good edvise i save pepole lives b4 tell ur dauter i said hi ttl… hope talk to yhu asap from aime aime kiss kiss bye bye take care..!!!

16. tretz says:

eminem seems so genuine about his family he loves them girls and his brother i think he would give them a good life a life he didnt have he would of done it tough growing up i wish him and his family all the best keep on doin what you are good at rappin

17. davidlover says:

awwwwwwwwwww this is sooooooooooo sweet i think he should adopt her even tought he already did lol because i no what it is like with a drug dealer dad well he wasn’t a drug dearler but he was a alcohic and i am only 11 and my mom left my dad when i was 8 and it break my heart and i have 9 brothers and sister and its really sad to live like 5 of them and not have a daddy around just a step dad that has 3 kids so i live with like 8 brothers and sisters dayily and like and on the weekend i have to deal with like 11 brothers and sister plus my mom and step dad so if you think you have a bad life mine is JUST like eminem and i am only 11

12/17/11

18. christina says:

who is whitney is she his real child or is she being adopted from an orphange

19. Isabelle says:

Whitney is Kim and Eric Hartter’s daughter.

20. Monica Anna says:

Marshall, you are amazing, the most caring and very warm hearted person. Whitney should without a doubt be your daughter, man…. I wish I had you as my dad…. Mine died when I was 3.

21. puneet says:

I love you em<3 your the best fuck the rest. Your my idol. Man i wanna meet you.. I wish i could get a chance to meet you..